*Featured image taken in Purvis Street, Singapore
Hey, guys! It's been a while, huh? I've been busy this past couple months juggling traveling with drum roll pleaaaaseeeee:
The last year of high school.
Wow. Wow, guys, I made it. If y'all didn't know, I've been struggling with finishing up 11th grade, since I was a month behind due to our move to Jakarta. #HomeschoolProblems I have to try to finish 12th grade before I go back to America in October so I can start community college. If I don't, then I'll have to wait until next October to start. I went straight from 11th grade to 12th, with a day's break in between which was basically just me sleeping becuase our power went out. Pray for me, guys. It's gonna be a busy next few months.
As I've been traveling this past month, (posts coming soon!) I've felt this fire in me reignite. A fire for God. I don't know why, but lately I've been feeling a little bit flat in my faith, if that makes sense. I've been reading my Bible, but it always seems like the message is going through one ear and out the other. Or should I say, through one eye and out the other, but that just sounds creepy. I recently discovered Sadie Robertson's YouTube channel, and can I just say, that girl's soul is on fire for the Lord. It's amazing, really. I watched most of her YouTube videos and I realized she has an unapologetic love for God. That's the kind of love I want for the Lord, but, like most loves, you have to work for it, and you have to work in it. So that's what I'm going to do, and I'm going to bring you guys along with me for the journey.
Disclaimer: I don't want you guys to think that doing this is me trying to be 'high and mighty', if that makes sense. I know Christians can be seen as arrogant and snobby, and that's not at all how I want this to be portrayed. This is me, journalling my journey with Christ. I just hope that by putting this on the internet, it will inspire someone to pursue their relationship with the Lord as Sadie had isnpired me.
I had read in my devotions this morning that if you wanted to keep your "God Hunger" you had to keep a thankful state of mind. Which got me thinking.
God is good.
Like, He is good. There are no literally no words to describe how completely and utterly good He is. But, I thought I’d write a quick list of five things that show how good He is, and how thankful I am for those things.
- The fact that His Son literally died for us. He took our sins, our transgressions, and took them up Himself. I'm pretty sure a love like that is veeerrryyy rare.
- That He gave us the Bible. How cool is it that God actually wrote a book for us to read when we're lost or when we're happy, or when we're angry, or just when we're noemal? I think it's pretty dang cool.
- That feeling of wonder and awe. I dunno if this one makes sense, but have you ever traveled to somewhere new or just sat back in your everyday environment, to take in all the amazing things that make up the world? I don't know about you, but I love that feeling. Just taking all the beauty that the Lord had made. There's something refreshing about looking at the world with a positive point of view, ready to look at the beauty instead of its imperfections.
- The ocean. There's something about the ocean that gives me peace. The ocean/beach is a place where I love to go to when I'm feeling especially anxious. It reminds me how small I am in the giant world, and that even though my problems feel huge right now, God is bigger than them.
- That He gave us specific skills and talents. I just think this is so cool. The fact the God personally designed me, with skills, talents, and little quirks that only I might have, makes me feel so loved and just solidifies that feeling of awe and wonder I was talking about earlier.
I just want to close this post with a couple bible verses:
For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You. Psalm 86:5
O give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting. 1 Corinthians 16:34
I also want to start this new prayer thing. Prayer is super essential, and if you guys need anything: some extra strength, patience, peace, anything. I'd love to pray for you. You can email me or reach me by my social media that I will link below.
Thanks, guys, for sticking with me, it means more to me than you'll ever know.