My youngest sister Faith wanted to bake something today, and since we’re low on supplies we decided on some snicker doodle cookies! This is the first time she’s ever baked by herself, and she decided to make one giant cookie instead, but we only had the one cake tin and ended up looking like a snicker doodle cookie bar! Nevertheless, I’m super proud of her and am literally eating the cookies as I type.
This is a super versatile recipe. If you want snicker doodles, but someone else wants chocolate chip, just split the dough into two and make both! Or add whatever you want, the sky’s the limit!
Anyways, on to the recipe!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cream together both sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Once combined, add in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined. The dough should be crumbly. (add chocolate chips now if you are making chocolate chip cookies!)
- Shape into individual balls or press into a pan to make one giant cookie. If you are making snicker doodles, roll cookies in or sprinkle on some cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 170 degrees C/350 degrees F for 10 minutes for regular cookies. Bake for 20 minutes at the same temperature if you made a one giant cookie.
That’s all for this recipe! I hope you enjoyed, and if you decide to make this recipe, let me know how it turned out!
love, jane. aka the unlost wanderer.