I was watching a video today, and somehow, the topic of knitting came up. Now, I’m really bad at knitting. Like so bad, that both my cousin and best friend tried to teach me and they gave up after five minutes. After I re-lived my short knitting experience, I thought what else am I bad at?
Here are a few things that came to mind:
- Public Speaking. *Shudders* No, thank you!
- Small Talk. I realized that Americans are so great at small talk. The very first day I came back from Indonesia, we went to Target and the cashier tried to make small talk with me. I was so taken aback and surprised by it that I just stood there and stuttered like the bozo that I am, haha. (Cashiers in Indonesia don’t talk to you, like at all. Sometimes they don’t even tell you the total, they just stand there and wait for you to hand them money. ps- no hate to any cashiers in Indonesia, it’s just what I’m used to.)
- Technology. I don’t even know how I managed to get this blog going. I can’t even work my dad’s Samsung phone.
- Sports. I’m literally the clumsiest person alive. I’ll probably kick the soccer ball in my own team’s net. Throw a ball at me, and it’s most likely I won’t catch it. (I actually played volleyball for a few years so that’s probably why. I just happen to have chosen a sport where catching the ball is against the rules. Ha, yeah, let’s go with that.) As you can probably tell by now, I’m terrible at anything physical, including walking. A ballerina’s pinky toe probably has more grace than my whole entire body. Come to think of it, I think I trip more when I’m wearing sandals than when I’m wearing heels.
- Sleeping Early. Okay, this is a habit more than anything, but I guess I’m just one of those people who you’ll find wide awake at three in the morning.
- Memorization. I have the weirdest memory. A lot of times I won’t remember chunks of my life. Like, my middle school years are honestly fuzzy. And that wasn’t all that long ago. I remember everything before that pretty well, though!
These are just a few things I’m bad at. There are wayyy too many to write. I guess I just wanted to remind myself and anyone who’s reading that it’s okay to not be good at everything. You aren’t perfect, and that’s perfectly fine. I’m not saying that you should give up on trying to improve, I just want you to know that you are amazing just the way you are. These imperfections make you, you. Without them, we’d all be boring robots. And we all know from movies that robots taking over the world will never end well.
love, jane. aka the unlost wanderer.
Jeremiah 1:4-5 (NKJV)
Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying:
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”