Hello, everyone! Today I thought that I’d do a quick little “list” kinda post! I love reading these kinds of posts and I love writing them too. 🙂 As the title suggests, I’m going to write about 10 things that I love. They won’t be big things because like the saying goes, it’s the little things that count.
Alright then, off to the list!
- The smell of paint. Weird, I know, but I’ve grown up painting so whenever I go to an art supply shop or open a new bottle of paint, I take a deep breath and I’m home. (This is also probably insanely unhealthy so I should probably stop, haha).
- The satisfaction of finishing a good book. This one is pretty self-explanatory, I’d think!
- The finished product of cleaning your room. I don’t know about you, but I do not like cleaning my room. However, when I do clean my room, I love the feeling of Yay, it’s clean! I can actually breathe now!
- Putting on your favorite pair of shoes/outfit. I feel like we all have one of those. An outfit or a pair of shoes that when you put them on, you feel like you can take on the world. That when you put them on, you feel a surge of confidence and you feel comfortable.
- A perfectly sharpened pencil. I usually use mechanical pencils, but when I do use a regular graphite pencil I’m usually a lazy bum and don’t sharpen it until the tip is completely flat and all I get when I try to write is scrapes from the wood. So when I actually sharpen the thing there is always a sense of satisfaction when I see a perfect tip.
- Finishing a notebook. I rarely ever finish using notebooks. I always get bored half-way through the book and start writing in a new one.
- The smell of coffee. I love love love coffee, but I can rarely drink a pure cup of it.For me, it’s usually milk and sugar with a splash of coffee. I don’t drink coffee often, but when my parents make their own cup, I find myself taking a deep breath.
- Putting on fresh nail polish. I don’t understand how girls can put on a new color of nail polish every week. I will literally leave the same color on my nails, chipped and everything until my sister can’t take it and force me to change it. (She’s one of those girls who will have a new color every week, but she’s really good at doing designs and all that jazz).
- The flickering of candlelight. I feel like there’s a crazy amount of comfort that comes with candles, (but also that tiny smidge of anxiety that I’ll burn the house down). Their scent and the pureness of the fire is something so comforting to me.
- Fresh baked goods. I mean, come on, what beats a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie, or a pie that came right out of the oven?
There ya have it, folks! 10 things that I love. I hope you enjoyed reading and I hope you found some things in common with me. 🙂
See you soon!
love, jane. aka the unlost wanderer.